- Administers Radiation Therapy treatments in compliance with physician prescription and treatment plan.
- 1)Is able to reproduce setup in the treatment room as indicated in treatment chart utilizing appropriate positioning aides.
- 2)Maintains visual and audible contact with patients at all times.
- 3)Reports all errors to the Supervisor, Radiation Oncology.
- 4)Reports all pertinent information regarding patient care to supervisor, Radiation Oncology.
- Maintains accurate treatment records.
- 1)Accurately records any variation in the daily treatment in the Mosaiq management system (electronic chart).
- 2)Assures the proper billing and statistics are done with each patient treatment.
- 3)Assures that dose addition is accurate on a daily basis.
- Assists the physician in localizing tumor volumes using radiographic techniques.
- 1)Measures and records parameters for reproducibility of setup.
- 2)Performs planning CT's that are to the exact specification directed by the physician
- 3)Utilizes treatment aides or immobilization devices per Radiation Oncology.
- 4)Create an electronic patient chart according to Radiation Oncology standards and current practice/procedure.
- 5)Utilizes "OBI" (On Board Imaging) for imaging and field size verification.
- 6)Computes dose calculations utilizing treatmnet parameters and data according to departmental standards for emergency patients.
- 7)Interprets computer plans and adapts them for usage in the treatment room
- Performs and records daily and weekly QA machine checks.
- 1)Observes and reports any malfunction or operational problem to the Service Engineer or Supervisor.
- 2)Assures that checks are being done as scheduled per departmental and state requirements.
- 3)Participates in the early morning warm-up program.
- Assists in the orientation and education of patients regarding treatments and side effects.
- 1)Reinforces Radiation Oncologist and nurse's advice regarding side effects.
- 2)Reports any unusual side effects to Nursing and/or Radiation Oncologist.
- 3)Facilitates patient and family participation in self-care based on age and disease.
- 4)Refers patients to Nursing and/or Radiation Oncologist if problem is identified.
- 5)Explains procedure to be performed to patient.
- Instructs and supervises Radiation Therapy students while training at facility.
- 1)Instructs students on the safe usage of equipment according to departmental standards and procedures.
- 2)Supervises students at ALL times during treatment setup and simulation.
- 3)Evaluates students on performance in a timely fashion as requested by Education Director.
- Assures a safe, clean and sanitary environment for patients and personnel.
- 1)Routinely cleans patient treatment area.
- 2)Routinely cleans patient positioning supplies.
- 3)Appearance and uniform complies with departmental standard.
- Radiation Oncology Certificate and/or Associates degree in Radiation Therapy Technology.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Developing ability to work as a team player. Developing ability to work with ill patients and families in an empathetic fashion. Computer knowledge.
- ARRT registry-eligible or ARRT license. IEMA license.
Physicial Requirements and Working Conditions:
- This position requires heavy lifting of equipment and patients. Must be able to lift 20lbs. repeatedly. Standard precautions for dealing with body substances and hazardous materials. Standard precautions for radiation safety as per IDNS.
- If position has direct patient care or direct patient contact the following lifting requirement supersedes any previous lifting requirement effective 06/01/2015. Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.