The Sr. Project Manager is responsible for cost estimates and general operational oversight of various commercial and industrial electrical construction projects.
Since 1912, Sturgeon Electric Company, Inc., a subsidiary of MYR Group, Inc, has provided comprehensive electrical construction services to clients throughout the western U.S. Sturgeon Electric has two divisions, offering both power line construction and commercial/industrial electrical construction, making it a full-service electrical provider.
Sturgeon Electric's Commercial & Industrial (C&I) electrical construction division specializes in large-scale electrical projects, telecommunications, traffic signalization, gas distribution, high voltage distribution service and maintenance to clients. Sturgeon Electric also offers design-build and pre-construction services and has in-house pre-fabrication and Building Information Modeling (BIM) capabilities.
- Prepare project construction schedules
- Submit Requests for Information to clients
- Manage day-to-day activities of assigned projects
- Act as the main point-of-contact for project personnel
- Coordinate meetings, schedule updates, submit deliverables, and address outstanding open items as requested by clients
- Prepare look-ahead documents and weekly, monthly progress reports and billing information
- Review and monitor job costs versus budgets
- Report regularly to management team
- Prepare complete cost estimates (labor and material) for commercial & industrial projects within set deadlines
- Perform field take-offs/evaluations for estimate preparation
- Participate in the estimate review process with internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare bills of material and other information for use by purchasing
- Prepare complete labor and material cost estimates
- Schedule and attend field walk-downs with customers, subcontractors, and construction personnel to understand and determine constructability requirements
- Compare various project documents for accuracy and consistency
- Assist in the preparation and submission of change orders
- Coordinate closely with project management
- Assist construction personnel throughout the project lifecycle in tracking and understanding basis of cost estimate
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Essential functions of this position are to be performed in a Company-designated office or field location
- Understand and comply with the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards, if applicable.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- 3+ years' project management and estimating in the electrical industry preferred
- Knowledgeable with specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time/cost/labor estimates for projects and services
- Knowledgeable of the N.E.C. and all relevant local codes
- Ability to read and understand civil, architectural, structural, mechanical, etc. plans and specifications to include blueprints, proposals and other documents as they relate to electrical work
- Computer literate and proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Proficient with estimating software such as Accubid or equivalent
- Ability to prepare construction schedules in Microsoft Project and/or Primavera
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and verbal and written communication skills
- Team player who is able to successfully work with diverse internal and external partners
- Self-driven with the ability to stay on-task for extended periods of time
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field; a combination of relevant education and experience considered in lieu of degree
Compensation & Benefits
- Weekly pay via direct deposit.
- Comprehensive benefits package - Medical, Dental, Vision, Teledoc, Hearing, Prescriptions, Mental Health, Employee Assistance Plan (EAP), Short Term Disability, Retiree Coverage and Life Insurance under LINECo - (Low deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums) - $15 weekly premium for employee or employee plus family coverage.
- ThrivePass Health & Wellness Reimbursement Program - $250 quarterly, $1,000 annually for health and wellbeing-related purchases.
- Company-paid short and long-term disability, life, and accidental death & dismemberment.
- Company-paid business travel accident insurance.
- Generous 401(k) Plan with 100% match up to 6%; immediate vesting, and Annual profit-sharing potential.
- Paid time off starting at 15 days annually plus 10 paid holidays per year.
- Superior educational assistance program (support for educational costs, internal training, and more!).
- Various voluntary plans available including supplemental vision, accident and critical illness, ID theft, group legal, group auto & home, and additional voluntary life insurance plans for employee and dependents.
Position may be subject to pre-employment screening, which may include a background check and drug testing. Accessibility: If you need accommodation as part of the employment process, contact our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group, Inc. and our subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers. We promote diversity of thought, culture, and background, which connects our family of brands. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, or other protected characteristics. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
MYR Group does not sponsor applicants for work visas. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
MYR Group, Inc. and our subsidiaries do not work with any third-party recruiters or agencies without a valid signed agreement and partnership with the Corporate Talent Acquisition Team.