The Project Manager is responsible for cost estimates and general operational oversight of various commercial and industrial electrical construction projects. The ideal candidate will have experience understanding all phases of heavy industrial construction projects that include Electrical Infrastructure, Underground Utilities, Transportation, and similar commercial and industrial projects.
Huen Electric, Inc., a subsidiary of MYR Group Inc, is a leading electrical construction firm with offices in Illinois, New Jersey, and New York. Established in 1983, Huen Electric has earned a reputation as a dynamic, proactive, and resourceful electrical contractor. Huen Electric has extensive experience completing successful electrical construction projects and telecommunications for general contractors, commercial and industrial facility owners, local governments, and developers. Huen Electric also provides design/assist expertise, from the preparation of cost estimates and controls to value engineering and preconstruction planning.
- Prepare project construction schedules
- Submit Requests for Information to clients
- Manage day-to-day activities of assigned projects
- Act as the main point-of-contact for project personnel
- Coordinate meetings, schedule updates, submit deliverables, and address outstanding open items as requested by clients
- Prepare look-ahead documents and weekly, monthly progress reports and billing information
- Review and monitor job costs versus budgets
- Report regularly to management team
- Prepare complete cost estimates (labor and material) for commercial & industrial projects within set deadlines
- Perform field take-offs/evaluations for estimate preparation
- Participate in the estimate review process with internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare bills of material and other information for use by purchasing
- Prepare complete labor and material cost estimates
- Schedule and attend field walk-downs with customers, subcontractors, and construction personnel to understand and determine constructability requirements
- Compare various project documents for accuracy and consistency
- Assist in the preparation and submission of change orders
- Assist construction personnel throughout the project lifecycle in tracking and understanding basis of cost estimate
- Other duties as assigned
- Essential functions of this position are to be performed in a Company-designated office or field location
- Understand and comply with the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics Policy and other industry-specific professional and ethical standards, if applicable
- Knowledgeable with specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time/cost/labor estimates for projects and services
- Knowledgeable of the N.E.C. and all relevant local codes
- Able to read and understand civil, architectural, structural, mechanical, etc. plans and specifications to include blueprints, proposals and other documents as they relate to electrical work
- Computer literate and proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Proficient with estimating software such as Accubid or equivalent
- Ability to prepare construction schedules in Microsoft Project and/or Primavera
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and verbal and written communication skills
- Team player who is able to successfully work with diverse internal and external partners
- Self-driven with the ability to stay on-task for extended periods of time
- 3+ years of project management and estimating experience in the electrical industry is preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field; a combination of relevant education and experience considered in lieu of degree
Compensation & Benefits:
- Weekly pay via direct deposit.
- Medical, Vision, Dental, Regenexx, Hearing Care, Teledoc, Prescriptions (Low deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums).
- ThrivePass Health & Wellness Reimbursement Program - $250 quarterly, $1,000 annually for health and wellbeing related purchases.
- Annual Paid Time Off starting at 15 days plus 10 paid Holidays (our Cultural Celebration Day is a floating holiday).
- Generous 401(k) Plan with 50% match up to 6%; immediate vesting, and Annual profit-sharing potential.
- Superior educational assistance program (support for educational costs, internal training, and more!).
- Company-paid parental leave program including birth and adoption.
- Company-paid short and long-term disability, life, and accidental death & dismemberment.
- Company-paid business travel accident insurance.
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP).
- Various voluntary plans available including supplemental vision, accident and critical illness, ID theft, group legal, group auto & home, and additional voluntary life insurance plans for employee and dependents.
Position subject to pre-employment screening, which may include a background check and drug testing. Accessibility: If you need accommodation as part of the employment process, contact our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group, Inc. and our subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers. We promote diversity of thought, culture, and background, which connects our family of brands. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, or other protected characteristics. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
MYR Group does not sponsor applicants for work visas. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
MYR Group, Inc. and our subsidiaries do not work with any third-party recruiters or agencies without a valid signed agreement and partnership with the Corporate Talent Acquisition Team.