- Administers Radiation Therapy treatments in compliance with physician prescription and treatment plan.
- Maintains accurate treatment records.
- Assists the physician in localizing tumor volumes using radiographic techniques.
- Performs and records daily and weekly QA machine checks.
- Assists in the orientation and education of patients regarding treatments and side effects.
- Instructs and supervises Radiation Therapy students while training at facility.
- Assures a safe, clean and sanitary environment for patients and personnel.
- Radiation Oncology Certificate and/or Associates degree in Radiation Therapy Technology. Experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Developing ability to work as a team player. Developing ability to work with ill patients and families in an empathetic fashion. Computer knowledge.
- ARRT registry-eligible or ARRT license. IDNS license.
Physicial Requirements and Working Conditions:
- This position requires heavy lifting of equipment and patients. Must be able to lift 20lbs. repeatedly. Standard precautions for dealing with body substances and hazardous materials. Standard precautions for radiation safety as per IDNS.
- If position has direct patient care or direct patient contact the following lifting requirement supersedes any previous lifting requirement effective 06/01/2015. Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.