Safelite's Regional Vice Presidents are agile, collaborative leaders who set the direction for a business region's retail operations while driving alignment with the strategic goals of the enterprise. They have broad oversight for large teams and must create a culture of high performance and high engagement while identifying, coaching, and developing the next generation of Safelite leaders. A critical accountability of the role is driving execution: RVPs are responsible for operationalizing strategy and ensuring the delivery of Safelite's world-class customer experience. Therefore, they must spend time listening to associates at all levels within their region to understand challenges and opportunities, and must work through District Managers and Regional Service Directors to remove obstacles to productivity and implement best practices. A Regional Vice President takes a highly strategic approach to their duties and they understand which levers to pull to drive profit. To be successful, RVPs must create connectivity between their region and the corporate center, fostering alignment by cascading key messages down from corporate in an actionable way, and reporting back on themes and trends in their regions, influencing corporate strategy. They must be flexible and able to adapt their approach as Safelite's business model continues to evolve and innovate; they must model high-integrity leadership for their teams and inspire commitment to Safelite's goals
Find a career. Gain a family.
Safelite will be unlike any place you've ever worked. (This won't be just the daily grind!) You'll join caring and passionate teams that collaborate to make a difference, deliver extraordinary results and bring unexpected happiness. Every day. Your effort, heart and creative ideas will be valued and rewarded. And we care about your well-being. So, we'll strive to give you what you need to be happy at work and at home.
Leadership and Direction
- Responsible for the full cycle of talent fundamentals including selection, onboarding, training, development, performance management, culture and engagement of their team.
- Contextualize and communicate the strategy for achieving the organization's mission, vision and values within a business region.
- Inspire a large and diverse workforce of 500+ to commit to the strategy and to doing extraordinary things to achieve the organization's business goals.
- Lead through engagement and motivation, understanding the needs of a primarily mobile workforce, and creating a culture where everyone is inspired to deliver their best.
- Create a rewarding and positive work environment that encourages retention of associates. Identify and address any barriers to retention, including managing associate work-related concerns.
Regional Service Center Oversight
- Work collaboratively with Field leadership to oversee and guide the development of the operational strategy and outcomes for a regional service center
- Lead and coach a high-performing Regional Service Director
Succession Planning & Capability Building
- Identify the capabilities needed to meet the current and emerging business needs of the region.
- Evaluate current capabilities, identify gaps, and prioritize development activities. Build succession plans for District Manager and other critical roles, identifying and developing talent with the ability to grow into more complex and challenging roles
- Ensure that hiring practices for critical roles deliver talent with a long runway, creating a deep bench.
- Direct the development of annual and longer-term business plans for a large business region, ensuring alignment with corporate strategic direction
- Quantify business outcomes (i.e. revenue, NPS, job completion rate, time to serve, wiper sales, quality, profitability, COE, and associate retention and engagement)
- Work with Field leadership to influence the development of operating expense budgets and capital expense budgets
- Work with Field finance to influence the development of annual workforce plans; and review and influence business cases for projects and programs that have a business impact.
Strategy Formation and Implementation
- Oversee the strategic direction of a large business region and work to implement strategy in all districts within that region, working with District Managers and in partnership with Supply Chain leaders to localize the strategy as necessary.
- Maintain a current understanding of the regional competition and anticipate trends, challenges, and opportunities in local markets that impact strategy
- Influence the formation of corporate strategy by giving senior leadership insight into the dynamics of local markets.
- Oversee the P&L for a business region, ensuring that revenue and profit goals are met, and understanding which financial levers to pull to move the organization toward its goals, managing expenses, maximizing profits and minimizing losses.
Resolving Issues & Challenges
- Work to understand, diagnose, and anticipate the factors that cause a district to underperform, and work with District Managers to create and implement mitigation plans and strategies to address issues and challenges.
- Monitor the performance of mitigation tactics, adjusting approach as neces sary to achieve the desired outcomes.
ATTRIBUTES / EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration; OR
10+ years leadership and supervision experience, preferred
Ability to travel up to 50%
Physical requirements are inclusive, but not limited to, the following:
- Ability to work at a physical retail location within the region.
- The ability to operate a company vehicle safely and courteously, ad hearing to all Company policies and procedures relating to safety. This includes obeying all traffic laws and regulations and maintaining a valid driver's license with a driving record that falls within the Company requirements.
- Ability to satisfy all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements as outlined in the Field Supplemental Handbook, while in the warehouse, visiting stores, etc.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances. For example, urges the organization to focus on the topics that matter to business performance. Eliminates barriers to organizational performance. Provides reinforcement and support to help people overcome obstacles.
- Develops Talent - Develops people to meet both their career goals and the organization's goals. For example, builds long-term succession for key roles. Builds a learning culture in the team; uses teachable situations to offer insightful coaching. Recommends and facilitates activities and assignments that help people grow.
- Ensures Accountability - Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments. For example, fosters a sense of accountability among leaders and across the organization, personally takes a strong role in ensuring commitments are met. Reviews and integrates management information, course correcting, as required.
- Change Management - Applies change management principles and methodologies to implement strategy and ensure support for and engagement with critical plans and projects; strategically executes change plans, anticipating and mitigating confusion, resistance, and conflict.
- Resourcing and Workforce Planning - Builds strong relationships with Field Leadership and Field Finance partners, ability to influence by providing critical local knowledge, ability to balance resources to meet short and long-term goals
- Customer Service Delivery - Understands the full customer lifecycle and impacts customer experience by setting and holding others to high customer service standards; oversees critical metrics works with District Managers and Regional Service Directors to create mitigation plans when customer service is not being delivered to an acceptable standard.
We're known as an auto glass company. That's the focus of what we do. But we're much more -- we're a growing and evolving service brand. And what really makes us unique is our people. Because at our core, we're a People Powered organization -- and our people come first and our culture matters. We'll help you find a fulfilling career path and encourage you to have a life. Let us be the best place you'll ever work.