We Are Hiring
Ascension Saint Agnes Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland is seeking a Registered Nurse to work as a valued member of our care team in our Cardiovascular PCU (CVPCU) .
Ascension Saint Agnes Hospital 2022 Nurses Week Award for Best Nurse Manager of the Year, Best Registered Nurse of the Year, and Best Patient Care Technician of the Year!
As a member of our professional care team, you will enjoy collaborating with a group of exceptional nurses, physicians, and support staff in our 40-bed nursing unit consisting of 20 telemetry beds and 20 cardiovascular beds that is fully-equipped for the monitoring and treatment of acutely ill patients. We operate with one core team of staff so our nurses have the advantage to learn and experience two different specialities. We are able to provide ICU level of care for our cardiac and vascular surgery patients that do not require ventilators or balloon pumps. We collaborate directly with our departments of entry and admission to the unit including the Emergency Department, Cardiac Cath Lab, and PACU. Our dedicated team is c ommitted to the highest standards of quality and excellence. We create an atmosphere of healing as we work side by side delivering compassionate and personalized care.
Full-time Weekend Option, 24 hours per week (2-12hr shift assignments). Day Shift 7a-7p Saturday & Sunday.
Full-time Weekend Option, 24 hours per week (2-12hr shift assignments). Night Shift 7p-7a Friday, or Saturday.
RN eligible for Weekend Option Schedule must have a minimum of one year hospital experience in the specific nursing field for which they are applying and are eligible for full-time benefits!
Why Join Our Team: Working for Ascension Saint Agnes gives you the power of purpose - for us, work is more than the place we go each day. Its an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients.
- Join Ascension, one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the country, and be part of a collective network of over 60,000 nurses
- Career growth and mobility across our national network of Ascension hospitals
- Access to our dedicated nursing career coaches to help you thrive in all stages of your career
- Full-service teaching hospital that provides you varied experience & knowledge to enhance your career
- Wide range of customizable benefit options
- Flexible scheduling options for work-life balance and generous paid time off.
- Free Parking!
What You Will Do
Provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implement and monitor patient care plans.
- Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as appropriate.
- Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Note and carry out physician and nursing orders.
- Assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
What You Will Need
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Maryland Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Drivers License credentialed from the Maryland Department of Motor Vehicles preferred.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team
Serving the greater Baltimore area, Ascension Saint Agnes is recognized as an employer that provides an open, highly collaborative work environment where our workforce reflects the diversity of those we serve. We offer a place of respect and inclusion for all associates as well as a rich learning environment and countless opportunities for career growth and professional development. As an associate, you will find rewarding career opportunities within our 254-bed, full-service teaching hospital, the Saint Agnes Medical Group, Seton Imaging Center and Saint Agnes Foundation. When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Saint Agnes is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Associates and Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.Pay Non-Discrimination Notice: further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster: is the Law Poster Supplement () Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This Ministry does not participate in E-Verify and therefore cannot employ STEM OPT candidates.