Registered Nurse (RN) - Corrections job in Florence, Arizona.
- Paid Time Off Accrual
- LTD, STD, and medical, dental, life, and vision plans available
- 401(k) available
Registered Nurse (RN) - Corrections Job Overview:
- Float to different units
- Provide a broad range of services to the center including screening, assessment, medication delivery, treatment plans and patient education.
- Assesses plans and delivers nursing care to inmates.
- Provides leadership to LPNs, CNAs and other nursing paraprofessionals in patient care.
- Coordinates multiple medical services for diagnostic and treatment as directed
- Enter housing units to pass medications or other medical items and to conduct medical screening when necessary.
- Assist in minor medical or surgical procedures.
- Assist in screening of emergencies for necessity and priority for referral
- Under the clinical guidance of a Physician, Director of Nursing, Nursing Supervisor, assists in the assessment of the physical, psychological and social dimensions of patients in the health care unit and as necessary in the housing units. Assist in planning and implementing individual treatment programs in the health care unit and housing unit by utilizing available resources and consulting with registered nurses, physicians and correctional officers.
- Implement medical plan through administering medications and intervention in accordance with physician instructions.
- Document nursing encounters, patient response, effectiveness, complications etc., and communicate information to supervisory personnel and physicians in accordance with physician's orders.
- Assist in maintaining working and living areas and supplies in good order.
- Serve as a member of a nursing care and treatment team and assist physician as assigned.
- Use available in-house resource personnel and departments for treatment/consultation.
- Implement clinical and technical aspects of care in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Take vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure).
- Apply and change dressings.
- Provide for emotional and physical comfort and safety of patients.
- Assist with activities of daily living with special attention to therapeutic significance.
- Supervise inmates in the maintenance, cleanliness, and sanitation of the environment. The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
Registered Nurse (RN) - Corrections Job Qualifications:
- 1 year general nursing experience
- RN Licensure: current, active, unrestricted in Arizona/Compact
- CPR from the American Heart Association
- Ability to pass facility requirements
Come join our team of healthcare professionals!
FSR provides healthcare professionals to government facilities supporting active duty military service members, retirees, and their families. FSR began as a women-owned, minority-owned, small business in Maryland and has grown to an award-winning organization serving the federal government nationwide and around the globe.
We invite you to join our team!
Federal Staffing Resources dba FSR is an Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran/military spouse
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.