Employment Type:Full timeShift:12 Hour Day Shift
Trinity Health Of New England is looking for an experienced Registered Nurse to join our team of mission-driven healthcare innovators at Saint Francis Hospital. Our vision is to provide state-of-the-art healthcare to those within our local communities, creating a positive impact for everyone that walks through our doors.
This person is responsible for providing exceptional care with a focus on stroke patients as well as a variety of medical conditions on a 20-bed acute care unit. Our unit offers a unique opportunity to learn and establish interests in many different specialty areas while expanding your nursing career. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a drive to provide patient-centered experiences through scholarly scientific inquiry, compassion for the human spirit and mind, advocacy and education for the patient and families, and collaboration with all those who touch our patients.
Top Reasons to Work at Trinity Health Of New England:
- Great benefits
- Health Insurance Coverage
- Career growth and advancement potential
- Favorable tuition reimbursement to further your nursing career
- Supportive team-driven environment
- Culturally Diverse Community
- Engaged leadership and colleague collaboration
- 36 hours per week
- 7am 7pm
- 12-hour DAY shift
- Every other weekend and every other holiday
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Exceptional Patient Care: Contributes to overall quality of nursing care through performance improvement techniques that impact patient care positively.
- Excellent Communicator: Communicate effectively (written and verbal) with admin, colleagues, patients and family member.
- Strong Educator: Educate patients and family members so that they have a transparent understanding of the care being provided.
- Technical Familiarity: Understanding in computer-based applications (E-MAR, clinical documentation), email, and standard applications such as Microsoft Office.
- Active Teamwork: Demonstrates problem solving, conflict resolution, and positive communication through teamwork.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing. BSN preferred.
- Licensure: Current Licensure as a registered nurse (RN) in Connecticut.
- Certification: CPR certification required.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Effective communication, organizational and critical thinking skills.
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree preferred.
- Experience: Acute care, Medical-Surgical, Medicine Stroke preferred.
- Certification: ACLS and Stroke Certification preferred.
About Trinity Health Of New England:
Trinity Health Of New England is an integrated health care delivery system that is comprised of world-class providers and facilities dedicated to full spectrum preventative, acute, and post-acute care. We aim to deliver top level care to increase our community's overall health at lower costs. While we serve nearly 3 million people, we are proud to be a part of a national system that focuses on putting our patients first and having the best colleagues to do so.
Trinity Health Of New England benefits include health insurance, adoption assistance, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, sick time, and professional advancement just to name a few.Employees can also take advantage of extra benefits specific to each hospital.
Step up to your potential. Write your story and apply today!
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.