Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members do better. Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; its about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Manager, Operations Business Applications at our Eugene, Oregon; Alexandria, Virginia; San Antonio, Texas or Omaha, Nebraska location. The primary purpose of this position is to build and lead a team of Salesforce Administrators in the development, delivery and support of innovative technical solutions and practices that advance enterprise and business objectives and standards aligned with PenFed strategy. The Business Application Manager, along with the leadership within Operational Strategy and Technology Integration, will support the PenFed employee userbase on the Salesforce platform via this team of Administrators. The incumbent will promote the engagement and professional development of employees within assigned responsibility areas.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for stated objectives, goals, and performance standards for assigned unit and ensuring that goals are met and/or exceeded.
- Oversee the assigned tasks and employees to include, but not limited to, recruitment, scheduling, task completion, inbound call optimization, performance evaluations, and provide guidance on highly complex issues.
- Responsible for management of team to ensure all internal standards are met in a compliant manner in accordance with applicable regulations, guidance, and established standard levels of service.
- Drive the strategy of the unit and ensure corporate strategic initiatives are supported, and that processes are aligned with division targets in an efficient and effective manner.
- Manages configuration/certification of approved platform changes, ensuring configurations done by administrators are routed through proper approval and do not pose any risk or threat to the production environment.
- Reviews knowledgebase documentation for accuracy/clarity, allowing team to publish FAQ, Known Issue, Steps to Reproduce, Troubleshooting and Best Practices content regarding PenFeds Salesforce implementation.
- Works closely with IT App Management in triaging reported issues, escalating customer-facing issues, and providing support as needed.
- Monitors production outputs to ensure SLAs and other quality metrics are met, documenting, and presenting performance assessments accordingly.
- Ensures staff has the resources and skills needed to support all work initiatives within the Salesforce Support Team.
- Provides advice, guidance, encouragement, and constructive feedback, documenting performance and delivering performance feedback consistently.
- Communicates department progress, risks, wins, and challenges to the leadership team and invested stakeholders for awareness and alignment.
- Monitor and troubleshoot technology and process issues, escalating any issues impacting stakeholders that may occur to avoid member service disruption.
- Engage with product owners and other business units to identify and resolve systemic and member related issues.
- Keep informed of new ideas and developments through publications, membership in professional organizations and contact with other financial institutions.
- Review competitive market practices and provide recommendations to Senior Leadership concerning adjustments to programs in related areas.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelors Degree in a related field required, advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of eight (8) years progressively responsible work experience within Operations and/or IT Management.
- Minimum of three (3) years of supervisory / Assistant Manager experience.
- Experience in influencing, motivating, and mobilizing mid to large teams and business partners.
- Excellent understanding of project management, including methodologies and best practices.
- Strong experience in coaching, developing, and leading a team is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to review complex issues and make sound decisions, is required.
- Demonstrated ability to perform well in high pressure, high stress environment.
- Strong Technical Background preferred, specifically in Salesforce configuration
This position will supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
- Salesforce Certification: Administrator (preferred)
- Salesforce Certification: Advanced Administrator (preferred)
- Salesforce Certification: Platform App Builder (preferred)
- Salesforce Certification: Service Cloud Consultant (preferred)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call will be required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with COVID-19, we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with applicable current local and state guidance.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the countrys strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at .