Remote, Pennsylvania, United States Categories:
Full-time Work Location Type:
Fully remote Compensation:
Commensurate with Experience Job Summary ABOUT THE COMPANY Apria Healthcares mission is to improve the quality of life for our patients at home. We are looking for empathetic, thoughtful, and compassionate people, to meet the needs of our patients. Already an industry leader in healthcare services, we provide home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help our patients sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer. JOB SUMMARY
Assists in the treatment and management of patients with clinical needs. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES Minimum Required Qualifications
- Provides Telehealth instruction to patients and/or caregivers on the proper use of certain equipment and/or respiratory care procedures.
- Provides virtual follow-ups for patients and/or caregivers on the proper use of certain equipment and/or respiratory care procedures.
- Ensures patients and/or caregivers can effectively operate and maintain equipment.
- Performs Telehealth follow-ups on patients, and when appropriate involves local branch support.
- Prepares and maintains a record for each patient containing all pertinent information, care plans, physician prescriptions and follow-up documentation.
- Responsible for accurate data entry on monitoring device portals for certain respiratory equipment.
- Consults with referring physician regarding patient treatment, medical condition, and Plan of Care.
- Participates in ongoing education and training sessions regarding respiratory patient care.
- Assist with patient scheduling as needed.
- Performs other duties as required.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
- Meets company minimum standard of Background Check
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
- Graduate of an accredited program for respiratory therapy is required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Registration or certification by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
- When state (s) requires an RCP license to allow the practice of respiratory therapy. Holds a current RCP license in the state of practice (including where RCP is located when providing telehealth) and states where the patient is located at the time healthcare services are provided.
- Hold all applicable licensure in good standing for the states ofPA and WV is a position requirement
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to multi-task effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, on the phone and electronically
- Successful completion of Apria's respiratory therapy orientation and competency evaluation program.
- Ability to use electronic hand held device
- Microsoft Office programs
- Basic printing/faxing/scanning
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Education and/or Experience
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- At least one year related experience is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision. Must be able to travel by plane and automobile (if applicable).
This is a stationary position that requires frequent sitting or standing, repetitive wrist motions, grasping, speaking, listening, close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Benefits Comprehensive benefits package offered for eligible employees:
- The noise level in the work environment is varies based on the locations or activities proximate to which can range from low to high.
- Temperature ranges from normal indoor climate-controlled environment in buildings.
- General lighting is generally provided via florescent lighting indoors, and natural lighting outdoors, and low light conditions consistent with outdoor and/or night working environment.
- Competitive salary
- Ability to have early access to earned wages
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Accounts and Healthcare Savings Accounts
- Life, AD&D and Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off, including Vacation, Personal Time, Paid Sick Leave & Paid Holidays
- 401K Savings Plan (available immediately)
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Referral Reward Program
- Employee Discount Programs
- Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan (available immediately)
- We recognize our veterans by offering a company paid day off for Veterans Day
- Career Advancement/ Development Opportunities
- Compensation is commensurate with experience.
- Annual compensation is based on a 40 hour week
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet