Registered Nurse (RN) - corrections job in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Paid Time Off Accrual
- LTD, STD, and medical, dental, life, and vision plans available
- 401(k) available
Registered Nurse (RN) - corrections Job Overview:
- Responds to and initiates care for medical emergencies throughout the facility.
- Administers and documents medications on the Medication Administration Record.
- Documents all nursing care provided.
- Performs histories and physicals on inmates.
- Assesses patient health status and refers to appropriate level of healthcare provider.
- Physically assists Physician in patient examinations and treatments. Implements and follows up on Physician / Dentist verbal and written orders.
- Teaches healthcare information to patients and correctional staff.
- Collects samples, specimens and cultures per Physician orders.
- Adheres to safety and security policies and participates in disaster drills.
- Follows security regulations for keys, sharps and controlled medications.
- Adheres to Universal Precautions and other appropriate infection control practices.
- Performs venipuncture and I.V. therapy.
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Required to exert up to 50 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects including the human body.
- Required to kneel, stoop, crouch and/or crawl occasionally. Frequent walking throughout site; to include walking up and down flights of stairs.
- Must have and maintain sufficient strength, agility, and endurance to perform during stressful (physical, mental and emotional) situations encountered on the job.
- Occasional running when responding to emergencies; must be able to perform BLS.
Registered Nurse (RN) - corrections Job Qualifications:
- RN license: current, active, unrestricted in New Mexico
- 1 year experience preferred
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- Ability to pass facility requirements
Come join our team of healthcare professionals!
FSR provides healthcare professionals to government facilities supporting active duty military service members, retirees, and their families. FSR began as a women-owned, minority-owned, small business in Maryland and has grown to an award-winning organization serving the federal government nationwide and around the globe.
We invite you to join our team!
Federal Staffing Resources dba FSR is an Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran/military spouse
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.