Registered Nurse (RN) - Corrections job in Waco, Texas.
- Paid Time Off Accrual
- LTD, STD, and medical, dental, life, and vision plans available
- 401(k) available
Registered Nurse (RN) - Corrections Job Overview:
- Responsible for providing technical, professional nursing, services to offenders in a correctional facility.
- Under the direction of the Physician, performs initial assessments and screenings of all inmates as the arrive to the facility.
- Make sure that the inmate has had all the required assessments, screenings and testing completed to be released to the US Marshals.
- Assists in sick call screening and physical examinations under the supervision of physicians and based upon the physician's orders and protocols.
- Records health care complaints and takes patient histories.
- Takes and records necessary vital signs for patients.
- Collects samples for laboratory examinations and issues routine medications.
- Records treatment provided according to physician's orders and protocol.
- Assists physicians in providing emergency health services in life threatening medical emergencies, including suicide prevention.
- Participates in the screening and primary management of providing health services to offender patients in confinement based upon physician's orders and using physician's protocols.
- Maintains health services records and prepares designated reports as required.
- Gives injections, takes blood pressure and temperatures.
- Prepares, administers and records medications.
- Collects urine, draws blood and administers oxygen.
- Cares for minor wounds (sterile techniques).
- Performs other duties as required.
Registered Nurse (RN) - Corrections Job Qualifications:
- RN licensure: active, current, unrestricted in Texas
- 2 years RN experience - preferred
- 1 year clinical experience
- ADN/BSN - preferred
Come join our team of healthcare professionals!
FSR provides healthcare professionals to government facilities supporting active duty military service members, retirees, and their families. FSR began as a women-owned, minority-owned, small business in Maryland and has grown to an award-winning organization serving the federal government nationwide and around the globe.
We invite you to join our team!
Federal Staffing Resources dba FSR is an Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran/military spouse
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.