Medical City McKinney provides comprehensive emergency, diagnostic, medical and surgical services, including cardiovascular, orthopedics, neurosciences and womens and childrens services.Since first opening our doors over 90 years ago, Medical City McKinney is a thriving 260-bed hospitalcontinuing to lead the way of meeting and exceeding our growing communitys healthcare needs by our commitment to change and innovation.We are proud our hospital is a Joint Commission Accredited Primary Stroke Center and is the first hospital in Dallas, Collin, Grayson and Fannin Counties to receive The Joint Commissions Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee Joint Replacement. We are also an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
Medical City McKinney has built its name on providing area residents with exceptional healthcare that is both professional and personal. Our highly skilled physicians and staff members are focused on providing the most advanced and comprehensive healthcare available today...and for generations to come.
Please visit our website at see for yourself why you should join our team.
We are proud to offer:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Forgiveness
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Discounted tickets at many local attractions
- Discounts to various retail stores and more.
Registered Nurse (RN) Unit: Med Surg Float Pool Work Schedule: PRN
TheFloat Pool RN
performs direct care for adolescent, adult and geriatric patients within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act, with emphasis on the Cardiovascular Service Line.
_Job Qualification Requirements (Education/Experience/Licensure/Certifications):_
- Uses therapeutic communication in daily practice.
- Maintains a safe and therapeutic Intensive Care environment.
- Implements and direct care, using the nursing process with emphasis on the needs of individual ICU patients.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the nursing process.
- Provides emotional support of the patient and significant others to make informed choices regarding health care
- Maintains high quality, age specific care for adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients as assigned
- Delegates tasks appropriately.
- Provides supervision of new employees, vocational nurses, nurse technicians, student nurses, and / or nurse interns.
Job: Nursing - Professional Title: RN Med Surg Float Pool PRN Location: Texas-McKinney-Medical City McKinney Requisition ID: 0610
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing.
- Current licensure by the State of Texas as a Registered Nurse or from a Compact State if you declare the Compact State your Primary State of Residence.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
- Completed AHA ACLS Provider Course within 6 months of employment will berequired.
- Minimum of one year experience in Critical Care in an acute care hospital setting within the last 3 yearsrequired.
- Experience with high acuity ICU medical/surgical patients ishighly preferred.