RN Outpatient PACU
Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center
Apply () Share
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
- Google + Tumblr
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Post Anesthesia Care Unit
- Hours/Pay Period: 80
219 Employment Type
Full Time Hours/Pay Period
Day Weekly Schedule
Surgical Services Nursing
Already a CommonSpirit Employee? () Job Details Overview
20K Sign On Bonus Baylor St. Lukes Medical Center
Baylor St. Lukes Medical Center is an 881-bed quaternary care academic medical center that is a joint venture between Baylor College of Medicine and CHI St. Lukes Health. Located in the Texas Medical Center, the hospital is the home of the Texas Heart Institute, a cardiovascular research and education institution founded in 1962 by Denton A. Cooley, MD. The hospital was the first facility in Texas and the Southwest designated a Magnet hospital for Nursing Excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, receiving the award five consecutive times. Baylor St. Lukes also has three community emergency centers offering adult and pediatric care for the Greater Houston area.
Baylor St. Lukes Medical Center is an internationally recognized leader in research and clinical excellence that has given rise to breakthroughs in cardiovascular care neuroscience oncology transplantation and more. Our teams efforts have led to the creation of many research programs and initiatives to develop advanced treatments found nowhere else in the world. In our commitment to advancing standards in an ever-evolving healthcare environment our new McNair Campus is designed around the human experiencemodeled on evidence-based practices for the safety of patients visitors staff and physicians. The 27.5-acre campus represents the future of healthcare through a transformative alliance focused on leading-edge patient care research and education. Our strong alliance with Texas Heart Institute and Baylor College of Medicine allows us to bring our patients a powerful network of care unlike any other. Our collaboration is focused on increasing access to care through a growing network of leading specialists and revolutionizing healthcare to save lives and improve the health of the communities we serve. Position Summary
Responsible for the delivery of excellence in patient care through assessing, formulating nursing diagnoses and establishing goals, planning and implementing intervention and evaluating patient care outcomes. With the staff nurse's professional practice he/she Responsible for participating in and maintaining quality, cost effectiveness and guest relations. Provide patient care in compliance with hospital policies and procedures and the standards of professional nursing practice as defined by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas. Responsibilities Position Responsibilities:
Qualifications Minimum Requirements: Education and Licensure:
- Assessment: Does admission and ongoing assessment of patients condition. Provides nursing care to meet the patients physical, psychological and spiritual needs. Notifies doctor of changes in assessment that require attention.
- Planning: Designs, directs, evaluates, and documents the plan of care, patient/family teaching and the transition of care plan to include a safe appropriate level of care discharge. Works with other clinical disciplines to meet specialized patient care and discharge needs. Formulates a plan of care and daily goals that takes into consideration the individualized needs of the patient.
- Implementation: Prepares patients physically, psychologically, and spiritually for treatments, surgeries and diagnostic studies to help reduce patient anxiety. Knows patients' conditions and reports significant changes to Charge Nurse/Team Leader, and/or physician. Implements patient safety initiative and protocols including medication safety practices, physician orders, consult notifications.
- Evaluation: Reassesses patients at appropriate intervals following interventions. Notifies physician as necessary to modify interventions. Adjusts nursing care to meet patient's emerging and changing needs.
- Report Skills: Gives and receives report using Bedside Shift Report including family participation. Provides an accurate and comprehensive report to the oncoming shift to help establish continuity of patient care. Receives report from off-going shift and delegates tasks as needed to provide continuity of care according to coworker's experience, abilities and the patient's acuity.
- Environment & Patient Safety: Maintains patient and work environment to maximize safe working space. Promptly removes all used and soiled equipment, linen, etc. to appropriate location. Incorporates national and organizational goals to improve quality, patient safety and satisfaction. Reports all patient safety and hazard concerns immediately.
- Supplies: Maintains accurate documentation of charges and supplies used to provide patient care through cost containment measures.
- Time Management: Clocks in and out appropriately according to policy to ensure work is stated and completed on time. Obtains Director/designees/House Supervisor approval before working overtime, including incremental overtime.
- Documentation: Consistently documents in the patient and unit records according to written health system standards of care in order to meet legal and quality patient care requirements.
- License and Competency: Maintains RN license to practice in the State of Texas including multi-state licensure requirements. Takes responsibility for meeting competency requirements. Assists with the orientation of new employees and floated staff as requested and assigned.
- Professional Responsibility: Maintains all professional licenses, certifications, and annual competencies prior to deadline. Attends mandatory in-services, workshops, town halls, and 75% of all unit meetings per year. Stays up-to-date on communication, including emails and current journals to keep abreast of new developments in the medical and nursing fields.
- Patient Care: Notifies and escalates concerns to appropriate providers of life-threatening changes and notes physician response. Effectively applies the nursing process within the framework of the organizations professional model of care, using the nursing process to meet the clinical, psychosocial and spiritual needs of the patient and family following the Catholic Ethical and Religious Directives (ERD).
- Patient Experience: Creates a caring and compassionate patient focused experience by building healing relationships with patients, families, and colleagues. Performs hourly rounding and bedside shift report, updating the patient communication board and providing service recovery as needed.
- Associates Degree in Nursing or Diploma Bachelors in Nursing Preferred Medical Center - Bachelors degree in Nursing (BSN) within 2 years from date of hire. Current employees grandfathered before July 2020. Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas BLS with skills demonstration
Minimum Knowledge and Skills:
- At least one (1) year of RN experience
- Demonstrated competence in Clinical Nurse I performance expectations or meets experience requirements upon hire
Nursing excellence starts with you.
- Effective Communication
- Knowledge of the principles and skills of the nursing process to provide patient care and treatment.
- Critical thinking skills
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills both written and verbal
- Basic Computer skills familiarity with Windows based software programs.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philoosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together,
achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us
as we treat every person with hollistic, persaonalized care for the bod, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing
as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - thne you have found your career fit with us!
Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.
Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer Your Possible Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals. Success Profile
What makes a successful RN Outpatient PACU at Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center
- Trustworthy..... click apply for full job details