At American Family Insurance, we believe people are an organization's most valuable asset, and their ideas and experiences matter. From our CEO to our agency force, we're committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers innovation that will inspire, protect, and restore our customers' dreams in ways never imagined.
American Family Insurance is driven by our customers and employees. That's why we provide more than just a job - we provide opportunity. Whether you're already part of our team in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what's next, you're in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team. Bring your dreams.
R29232 Senior Data Security Engineer - Open to Remote (Open)
Compensation may vary based on the job level and your geographic work location.
Compensation Minimum:$90,200 Annual
Compensation Maximum:$144,500 Annual
Job Family Summary
Drives IT security engineering solutions, framework, roadmap, program optimization, process engineering, risk remediation, and mitigation of operational risk in a high-velocity culture by introducing technology, requirements, deliverables, gaps and systems design. Analyzes competitive strategies, cyber technologies, metrics models, and performance indicators. Contributes to robust and innovative strategic solutions and builds resilient support for next-generation systems to solve business challenges and enhance the control environment.
Job Level Summary
- Requires in-depth conceptual and practical knowledge in own job discipline and basic knowledge of related job disciplines.
- Solves complex problems.
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance.
- May lead projects or project steps within a broader project or may have accountability for on-going activities or objectives.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Develop, integrate, and test cyber products.
- Researches, engineers, and integrates new security solutions. Performs cyber defense incident triage, including determining scope, urgency, and potential impact, identifying the specific vulnerability. Makes recommendations that enable expeditious remediation.
- Develop and maintain the security systems and solutions.
- Build strong relationships with Peers across functions through collaborative engineering operations and initiatives.
- Design and implement automated solutions to enable security needs.
- Designs and develops system-security measures to ensure Cybersecurity is fully integrated. Validates current and future-state architectural models to assess impact across all Cybersecurity technology systems.
- Develops enterprise tools and applications to manage access to American Family`s data, systems and resources.
- Analyzes security access risk gaps and recommends mitigating and compensating security controls. Leads and participates in outage/SWAT meetings to mitigate security access issues.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of software engineering architectures, system/software designs, and system deployments.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Cyber Security, Cyber Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of security technologies and application development methodologies.
Education & Licenses
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information assurance, MIS or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- This position requires travel up to 10% of the time.
Additional Job Information:
Additional Job Information:
- Proficiency in information security domains, including policies and standards, risk and control assessments, access controls, regulatory compliance, technology resiliency, risk and control governance and metrics, incident management, secure systems development lifecycle, vulnerability management, and data protection
- Knowledge of encryption, tokenization, scanning, masking and redaction technologies
- Development experience preferred (JAVA, Python, etc.)
- Experience with Linux, Windows, VMware, Containers
- Experience with Cloud environments (AWS, GCP)
- Experience with designing and deploying new data protection systems and/or IT systems with complex components preferred
- Experience working with various stakeholders to plan the implementation of new systems and technologies preferred
- Experience in integration with authentication platforms preferred
- Strong understanding of application architecture
- Experience implementing a Data Protection program preferred
When you work at American Family you can expect benefits that support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual incentive, and a paid-time off program. In addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to support our employees and their families. Interns and contingent workers are not eligible for American Family Enterprise benefits.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Stay connected: Join Our Enterprise Talent Community !