As a leading mountain resort operator with over 40 resorts in sixteen states and four countries. We exist to create an Experience of a Lifetime
for our employees, so they can, in turn, provide and Experience of a Lifetime
for our guests. We are looking for leaders, innovators, creators, and ambitious professionals to join our talented team. If youre ready to pursue your fullest potential, we want to get to know you!
Many of our Corporate function teams can now live and work in any of the states in which Vail Resorts currently operates enabling flexible remote work alongside a commitment to building and maintaining strong culture both in person and virtually. If youre ready to pursue your fullest potential, we want to get to know you. Find your purpose with us at . As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19 . Job Summary
The Data Science & Data Engineering team is responsible for using our internal data assets to deliver performant, scalable, and impactful data-focused solutions across the business! The team supports modeling initiatives in collaboration with our technology and business partners to enable both strategic opportunities as well as guest facing initiatives. As we continue to grow, our objectives are to deliver increased performance of our existing portfolio of in-market models, granularity of algorithmic decision making, and scalability of solutions across our core lines of business.
As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer you will act as a primary contributor within the development initiatives for the team and business. You will own the end-to-end architecture and deployment of data processing, model execution, and delivery of our teams machine learning solutions to activation and decision endpoints across the organization. Additionally you will help lead the integration and democratization of new technologies that bring scale, agility, and efficiency to the way we work with data! Job Responsibilities
- Aid in the architecture and lead the development of machine learning engineering projects that advance our enterprise goals of realizing data-focused impact through delivering intelligent solutions across our organization
- Play a key role in managing and collaboration cross-functional technology and data initiatives
- Bring ambition, a problem solving attitude, and clear articulation of vision to continue to evolve the technical proficiencies of the team
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior team members and colleagues
- Participate as a subject matter expert across the domains of data engineering, data science, computer science, and machine learning
- Contribute to core infrastructure, libraries, and documentation
- Act as an integrator across development paradigms, cross functional communication, and team culture
- Detail oriented self-starter with the ability to deliver technically proficient and cross-functional solutions
- Experience with Data Science and Machine Learning development tools and processes (TensorFlow, PyTorch, scikit-learn, MLFlow, etc.)
- Experience with data warehousing systems, data systems integration, and cloud data solutions including data lakes or managed services like Snowflake or Databricks
- Experience with developing and automating scalable machine learning pipelines in cloud ecosystems (Azure/AWS/GCP)
- Ability to handle multiple ongoing projects and communicate status clearly
- Expertise in SQL across a variety of platforms
- Expertise with common programming languages like Python or Java/Scala
- Proficiency working with Linux environments and maintaining packages and software versions
- Working knowledge of common development tools like git and docker
- Familiarity with scalable data processing paradigms like Hadoop/Hive and Spark
- Familiarity with statistical testing
- Familiarity working with live machine learning systems
- Ability to develop clear documentation and business partner management across audiences with multiple levels of technical skills
The budgeted range starts at $90,000-$140,000 + annual bonus. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts.
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
At Vail Resorts, our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether youre looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak. Remote work is currently permitted from British Columbia and the 16 U.S. states in which we currently operate. This includes: California, Colorado, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New York, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Utah, Vermont, Washington State, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
VRMKT Requisition ID 408950