Site Project Manager - Data Centers - Remote
Date: Jul 10, 2022
Company: Black & Veatch Family of Companies
At Black & Veatch, our employee-owners go beyond the project. For over a century, we have been breaking down social, economic and geographic barriers by making life's critical resources accessible to all. Working with us, you will help provide critical expertise as we, along with our valued clients, deliver solutions that positively impact communities around the world. Our professionals are our greatest asset, and we believe nothing is more important than the health, happiness and professional growth of our employee-owners. With a focus on flexible work-life balance options, an expanding and diverse workforce, and limitless career growth opportunities, we will give you our best to help yougive us your best, and together we can build a world of difference. Company :
Black & Veatch Corporation Req Id :
71181 Opportunity Type :
Staff Relocation eligible :
No Full time/Part time :
Full-Time Project Only Hire :
No Visa Sponsorship Available:
No Job Summary
By joining our BV Construction group, you will have the ability to develop and enhance your skills in an on-site, hands-on environment. We are committed to providing our construction professionals with expert training, career development, and career advancement to allow for continuous professional development. Our management is committed to the latest advances in technology, above class support and sustainability to bring our clients the best service in safety, quality, and final product. Functions in our group include safety, project field management, construction management, quality control, start up and decommissioning and field engineering.
In coordination with the Project Team, manages assigned portions of small, medium, or large construction projects, or design-build projects, including risk to cost, schedule, quality. Perform subcontract administration of contracts as assigned, and responsible for successful execution in the areas of performance, financial metrics, planning, schedule, quality, contractual compliance, safety, and client satisfaction. Coordinates and integrates activities associated with the procurement, construction and startup elements of the project, including the activities of subcontractors and third-party companies contributing to the initiative. This position is to identify talent interested in working on Data Center projects on site in AZ, CO, IA, TX, WA or WY. Key Responsibilities
- Manages small to medium sized projects, or portions of large projects
- Manages changes and risk on scope, cost, schedule, quality, and safety based on available resources and client requirements.
- Manages risk which may include new technology or new clients
- Assists with execution of preconstruction activities, including constructability reviews, estimating, subcontractor bidding & procurement.
- Reviews shop drawings and samplesprior to subittal.
- Assists with project controls activities including tracking cost and developing schedules.
- Monitors construction activities for compliance with the CPM Schedule.
- Develops and maintains relationships with clients and key stakeholders including but not limited to subcontractors, client, vendors, etc.
- Assists, writes and/or presents project estimates and proposals including scope, cost, and schedule according to client requirements and bid processes.
- Assists with review and negotiation of contract commercial terms.
- Manages project budgets, costs, and receivables.
- Manages contracts and contract compliance.
- Reviews subcontractor progress payment requests for acceptance
- Applies knowledge of policies and regulations to project scope.
- Uses B&V project management methodology including, project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring & control, and closeout to direct work.
- Manages warranty plan.
- Communicates clear expectations, goals, and vision.
- Practices behaviors supporting diversity and inclusion.
- Manages conflict and collaboration to achieve results.
- Adheres to safety and quality standards as appropriate for level of duties and accountabilities.
- Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
- A Bachelors in Construction Management or Engineering; additional years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- A minimum of 2-3 years field and operations experience, preferably with Data Center or Commercial construction projects.
- OSHA 30
- Budget and Cost Control Skills
- Industrial relations knowledge for recognizing and resolving potential labor issues
- Knowledge of Company construction guides and manuals
- Construction safety awareness and comprehension
- Conflict Management Skills
- Multi-tasking Ability (prioritize, organize, schedule work)
- Problem-solving Skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve)
- Project Management Skills
- Communication Skills
- Constructability Knowledge within discipline
- Constructability Knowledge within other disciplines
- Conceptual Planning Ability
- Legal Contract understanding ( EPC / Subcontracts )
- Leadership Ability
- Human Relations Skills
- Risk Assessment/Management
- Cost Code Labor Productivity Systems
- Time Reporting Policies and Procedures
- Construction Guides and Standards
- Computer Skills
- 5+ years experience of construction field leadership on equivalent projects.
- Valid Driver's License.
- All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
OSHA 10 certification. Work Environment/Physical Demands
Lift and carry heavy items weighing up to 50 pounds.
Stand, Kneel, Bend, Stoop, Move, and Walk long distances in and around confined, cluttered places, and uneven areas.
See and hear naturally or with correction.
Full range of motion and flexibility consistent with requirements of the job duties.
Requires using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls according to a set procedure.
Requires repetitive movement.
May require work above 5 feet in height.
Climb and maintain balance on steel framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds.
Work up to a 12 hour shift doing hard physical labor in varying temperature extremes and other outside conditions.
Typical construction site environment:
Requires working in cramped work spaces and getting into awkward positions.
Requires working in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold (below 32F degrees) temperatures and exposure to inclement weather such as dust, wind, snow, rain, etc.
Requires working in extremely bright or low lighting conditions
Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable.
Work around hazardous equipment.
Typical office environment.
This position is considered a safety sensitive position. Competencies
Optimizes work processes
Organizational savvy Salary Plan
CNS: Construction Services Job Grade
Black & Veatch endeavors to makeaccessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process because of a disability, please contact the Employee Relations Department at +1- or via our. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications. General inquiries about the status of applications will not be returned.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy.
Our comprehensive benefits portfolio is a key component of this commitment and offers an array of health care benefits including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurances along with disability and a robust wellness program.
To support a healthy work-life balance, we offer flexible work schedules, paid vacation and holiday time, sick time, and dependent sick time.
A variety of additional benefits are available to our professionals, including a company-matched 401k plan, adoption reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, vendor discounts, an employment referral program, AD&D insurance, pre-taxed accounts, voluntary legal plan and the B&V Credit Union. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program.
We are proud to be a 100 percent ESOP-owned company. As employee-owners, our professionals are empowered to drive not only their personal growth..... click apply for full job details