Software Engineer III (AWS + Full Time Remote) Overview of Position
Are you passionate about delighting customers with the software you write? Do you enjoy solving complex problems with innovative and well-crafted software? Do you enjoy exploring and working with emerging cloud native technologies ?
In this role, you will work as part of a brand-new team within a newly formed organization that will be working on the next generation of green field systems in AWS using microservices and serverless technologies in a DevOps environment. A fantastic and unique opportunity to be creative and innovative!
As part of the brand-new team, you will help build a culture where the team...
- Looks to delight customers with the solutions they build and measures success through customer outcomes
- Embraces continuous delivery and strives to deliver value as often and as frequently as possible
- Continuously looks for ways to improve the processes, solutions and practices
- Enjoys collaborating and learning from each other. Use paring, mobbing and code reviews to write better quality software and help each other learn and grow
- Values and respect each other's opinions (egos and titles are checked at the door) . Team members feel safe to openly share and debate opinions respectfully
- When something goes wrong, the team looks to figure out what went wrong and how we can make sure it doesn't happen again
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Influences the direction of the team, leads development of small projects and mentors junior team members
- Independently designs, develops, and operates highly available, responsive, observable and cloud native systems that solve the right problems for our customers
- Stays current with industry best practices, trends and commonly used technologies
- Champions simplicity, product thinking, modularity, TDD, observability and continuous delivery (trunk base development, automated testing, everything as code, automated deployments, etc )
- Strives for continuously improving the world around them ( processes, solutions, and practices) and being better every day
- Embraces the journey and doesnt sacrifice long term outcomes for short-term results
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field of study. Five (5) years of experience in software development lifecycle.
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS or GCP
- Experience with two or more modern languages such as Python, Typescript, Go, Rust and Java
- Experience developing and designing web services within a microservices architecture
- Experience with continuous delivery, TDD, DevOps and product thinking
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Experience with pair and mob programming
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
Full time remote
How much should I expect to travel?
li-remote Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and we may require periodic testing for certain roles. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at and the supplemental information at
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcares Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information () .
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicant will reveive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status.