Type of Requisition:
Regular Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
None Public Trust/Other Required:
None Job Family:
We are GDIT. We stay at the forefront of innovation to solve complex technical challenges for our clients. GDIT is your place. You make it your own by bringing your ideas and unique perspective to our culture.
As a Solution Architect supporting a mission-critical Financial Systems Modernization program for a state agency, you will create a technical vision for resolving critical business problems. You will provide business and technical architectural guidance to development teams, business groups, and customers for existing and new products and services.
A typical day includes
WHAT YOULL NEED: Required:
- Identifying technologies based on business and technical criteria, and recommending proposed solution
- Analyzing alternatives based on project timeline, project budget, and scope of work
- Developing proof-of-concept to validate proposed solution
- Prepareing and presenting technical solution to program stakeholders and GDIT management
- Documenting, designing, debuging, and conducting performance analysis of proof-of-concept or the proposed solution
- Technical leadership across different technology domains throughout the project lifecycle
- Acting as a liaison between business team and technical team mapping business objectives to the technical solution
- Proactively communicating with GDIT management on benefits of new technologies to make key program decision
- Research on current and emerging technologies and process methodologies and proposes changes and tailoring where needed
- Assessesing the system and technical architectures currently in place and works with staff to recommend improvements
- Working with technical teams to deliver efficient and effective technical solutions to support business goals and objectives
- Identifying customer requirements, analyzes alternatives, and conducts product recommendations related to software, platform, and network configurations
- Providing updates to GDIT stakeholders on project cost, schedule, and quality in comparison to stakeholder objectives
- Mentoring and coaching junior team member. May serve as a team or task lead
- BA/BS in technology (Computer, Electrical, Electronics), or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience in core computing disciplines (e.g., Compute, Network, Storage, Security, Database Architecture, Programming)
- Experience in presenting solutions to the executive management
- 7+ years experience in designing and implementing enterprise applications
- 3+ years experience in designing technical solution on major cloud services (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Supervisory or project management experience
- Experience with major cloud platforms such as Amazon and Microsoft
- Experience configuring highly available infrastructure environments including security, application services, data services and interfaces
- Configuring Workflows and Business rules using low code platforms
- Integration using Representational State Transfer (REST) Application Programming Interfaces
- Prior experience with containerization and associated toolsets
- Prior experience with relational databases, preferably Oracle and/or DB2
- Prior experience in agile development environments
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
- Handle demanding situations with clarity, focus and professionalism, and to respond quickly to quick turnaround taskers.
- Resolve issues with little oversight; ability to gather and analyze information skillfully and develop alternative solutions
- Exercise excellent oral and written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to communicate complex topics to management and other stakeholders
- Have strong interpersonal skills to collaborate with customers and internal cross-functional teams
- Work independently as well as interact regularly with government and non-government stakeholders at multiple levels of authority
- Use excellent analytical skills, including the ability to integrate information from multiple sources
- Are self-motivated, well-organized, and strict attention to detail
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions; Critical thinking and creative problem solving
- Ability to understand and manage customer expectations and software implementation methodology
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects at the same time, including the ability to plan, prioritize, and execute multiple initiatives/deadlines autonomously and shift priorities as necessary.
- Full-flex work week
- 401K with company match
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
- Collaborative teams of highly motivated critical thinkers and innovators
- Ability to make a real impact on the world around you
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
The likely salary range for this position is $104,000 - $156,000, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
Our benefits package for all US-based employees includes a variety of medical plan options, some with Health Savings Accounts, dental plan options, a vision plan, and a 401(k) plan offering the ability to contribute both pre and post-tax dollars up to the IRS annual limits and receive a company match.To encourage work/life balance, GDIT offers employees full flex work weeks where possible and a variety of paid time off plans, including vacation, sick and personal time, holidays, paid parental, military, bereavement and jury duty leave. To ensure our employees are able to protect their income, other offerings such as short and long-term disability benefits, life, accidental death and dismemberment, personal accident, critical illness and business travel and accident insurance are provided or available.We regularly review our Total Rewards package to ensure our offerings are competitive and reflect what our employees have told us they value most.