Job Description Job Description: System Design Engineer
(Hybrid) We want your Systems Engineering talentto perform system design activities such as developing and managing system, hardware and software requirements, developing system architectures and designs, performing system level integration/test and assisting in validation for complex avionics control systems.
Controls and Avionics Solutions provides flight and mission-critical products to more than 170 commercial and military customers around the world. CAS products include fly-by-wire flight controls, full authority digital engine controls (FADEC), autonomous flight systems, power management systems, flight deck systems, cabin management systems, weapon controls and mission systems for the world's most prominent commercial and military aircraft manufacturers.
Our growing business is located in the Greater Binghamton area which is home to several sports teams, shopping centers, a growing downtown, the State University of New York at Binghamton, several large healthcare employers and some of New York s top-ranked school districts. The area enjoys a rich heritage with multiple diverse communities with local cuisine and festival celebrations. From the area to an hour out there is access to hiking, skiing, lakes, waterparks, casinos, golfing, camping and vineyards. A 9/80 work schedule gives employees a great opportunity to experience all that the region has to offer and provides a balanced work and family lifestyle. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Performs systems engineering functions by doing one or more of the following:
a. Develop, allocate and manage complex system, hardware and software requirements.
b. Develop complex, safety critical, embedded control system designs and architectures.
c. Define hardware, software and programmable logic interfaces and functionality.
d. Prepare documentation for system designs and architectures in accordance with established systems development processes and procedures.
e. Perform system/product integration.
f. Verify and validate moderately complex aspects of systems designs to ensure conformance with functional specifications and customer requirements.
g. Produce technical documents, specifications and standards.
- Work as part of a cross-discipline team executing technical tasks to cost and schedule targets.
- May support various specialty-engineering tasks such as Reliability, Maintainability & Availability analysis, Integrated Logistics Support.
- Prepare and deliver basic customer and technical presentations.
Candidates should possess strong communication skills both written and oral. Candidates should also demonstrate sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers and suppliers.
Your experience at BAE Systems will give you the ability to work with industry experts in the fields of System Safety, Digital and Analog Circuits, Complex Printed Wiring Boards, Multi-Core and ARM Hardware and Software, Operating System and Board Support Software development and Programmable Logic Devices to the top Commercial and Military standards.
Hybrid work opportunity Required Education, Experience, & Skills Required Skills and Education:
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Preferred Skills and Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in related engineering field
- 8 years of experience in avionics or electronic controls embedded development, including familiarity with systems such as flight controls, engine controls or mission systems.
- Experience in full lifecycle development including system requirements, design, system-level integration, validation, and verification.
- Experience in designing, architecting and integrating electronic control systems which include hardware, software and programmable logic devices.
- Technical writing skills: capable of creating required engineering documentation.
System Design Engineer- Hybrid Work Opportunities and Sign-Bonus Available 81916BR
- Master s Degree in related engineering field
- 10 years of experience in avionics or electronic controls embedded development, including familiarity with systems such as flight controls, engine controls or mission systems.
- Experience with development of formal validation and verification procedures.
- Experience designing, architecting and integrating electro-mechanical control systems.
- Experience with Multi-core and ARM processing hardware and software design.
- Familiar with safety critical development including ARP4754, DO-178B/C and DO-254 or equivalent stringent process requirements.
- Demonstrated experience providing technical leadership.
- Knowledgeable of commercial and military certification objectives and activities.
- Working knowledge of model based development of systems and/or software.
EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression