The Applications System Analyst III is a key Information Services Department resource for all clinical systems throughout the organization. Leads the design, build, testing, support, maintenance and troubleshooting of assigned software applications and systems. Serves as a liaison between customers, Information Services staff and vendors for software support issues. Works directly with all levels of the organization on projects, committees and teams to meet the overall information technology needs of the organization.
The Applications System Analyst III is responsible for assigned clinical applications and/or financial systems. The Applications System Analyst III provides leadership and mentors other team members.
- Plans, leads and coordinates the design, build, installation, upgrade, updates end user training of new and established Information Systems to maintain appropriate levels of technology and functionality as determined by Flagler Hospital and/or vendors as related to clinical dictation applications.
- Prioritizes, investigates and troubleshoots problems and questions pertaining to system applications, interfaces and data processing as appropriate. Solves the problem and/or helps determine correct measures to be taken toward the solution. Documents status of issues on a timely basis.
- Provides customer support by communicating with customers in a prompt, courteous professional manner; Evaluating problems in a timely manner and collecting all information required to solve the problem; monitors system performance. Communicating appropriately to local and/or remote support staff and working together with these entities to develop a solution to the problem.
- Assists in the planning for new applications.
- Provides system leadership, back-up and coverage for the Systems Analysts and the resolution of designated support calls.
- Ensures that all department and hospital guidelines are met for operation.
- Assists with development of policies and procedures.
Preferred: Bachelors Degree Computer Technology preferred.
Skills and Abilities: Ability to prioritize and carry out multiple responsibilities simultaneously; detail-oriented and extremely well organized; excellent listening skills; comfortable speaking with both internal and external customers; excellent customer service skills; must be able to work independently or in a group as necessary. Requires organizational skills, effective time-management, and detail oriented with an aptitude for problem solving; effective public relations and interpersonal communications; aptitude for understanding computer software and hardware. Ability to self- instruct; ability to promote team work by keeping others informed, participating effectively in group decision making, and by soliciting feedback about one s effectiveness as a team member.