Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to provide a world-class, real-time observability platform that combines logging, metrics monitoring and distributed tracing.
We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, were committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each others success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are seeking an individual with technical support or consulting experience to provide support services for the SignalFx SaaS monitoring solution. This individual will work closely with our customers and field delivery personnel to provide break-fix support, operational maintenance, and Premium support services. This position is an integral part of the long-term plan to grow the relationship with our customers, and the efforts put forth by this individual will directly impact the long-term success of the relationship. In order to succeed in this team, this individual must have the passion and energy to work in a fast-paced, customer-focused, and fun environment.
In Customer Support we LOVE to disrupt, we innovate to deliver a sensational experience. Diversity Matters, we harness our unique strengths to deliver the best outcomes. We work closely with several different parts of the organization to learn and educate each other, then we build the right solution for all parties; transparency is at our core. We have fun doing phenomenal work with great people. Come become one of us.
Due to the growth of our customers within the Americas region, we are hiring a Technical Support Engineer to join our US team. You will be responsible for handling customer technical queries and you will be supported by a global team that is focused on providing an extraordinary customer experience and has a real passion for problem-solving.
Find out more information below!
What will I be doing?
- Support and maintain customers who have implemented the Splunk Observability SaaS solution, triaging and resolving customer issues and escalations in a professional and timely fashion.
- Troubleshoot customer charts and alerts, underlying analytics, and source metrics.
- Creating technical knowledge content to support customer self-service goals
- Provide operational and technical support to field personnel.
- Respond to and manage our clients product-related issues following applicable SLA guidelines.
- Explore technical issues to establish the root cause of problems and form a solution or workaround across a range of environments
- Provide documentation and participate in online forum support for real-time questions
- Reproduce customer issues and if necessary, file bug reports, call out cases to engineering, and provide the necessary documentation
- Assist in developing support tools to help solve issues
That sounds great - what experience do I need?
- 3+ years of experience working as a customer support engineer, technical account manager, or sales engineer.
- Experience in: UNIX (Linux, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX), Authentication, Windows, and Mac OS X, AWS, Puppet, GitHub, Python, Shell Script, Perl, C++/C#/Java, HTML, XML, JSON, Regex
- Familiarity with SaaS-based solutions and open source components - open source monitoring tools (Nagios, Ganglia, collectd, Graphite, etc.) preferred.
- Knowledge of Open Telemetry
- Experience with cloud-based technologies
- Experience of working with modern application architecture (micro-services).
- Ability to write scripts, regular expressions, SQL queries, Python, etc.
- Works well as part of a team and contributes to continuous process improvement
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, and relationship-building capabilities
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize SLA driven customer issues effectively
- Passionate about technology with a dedication to work in an ever-evolving technical environment
- Strong troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Client-focused attitude a customer advocate
- Ambitious and self-motivated with a high emotional IQ. Strong desire to go beyond expectations.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, or a related subject or similar work experience
LI-RemoteWe value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying. (Colorado only) Minimum hourly rate of $36.06. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big datagenerated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. Its what we call Operational Intelligence.
Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 13,000 customers in more than 110 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 2,700 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
Weve built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQs, soccer, Fun Fridays.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQs, soccer and Fun Fridays.
This isnt a job its a life changer are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labors EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunks Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunks Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunks website should send comments to . Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.