As a Vice President in the Customer Care & Automation Product Delivery team for Home Lending Servicing we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and teamwork. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment that encourages diversity of thought to create product features that enhance the employee and customer experience. This role will utilize and expand your analytical, technical, and innovative thinking to develop new technology solutions leveraging the latest PEGA Low-Code software. Role Responsibilities
Skills and/or Work Experience Requirements
- Support, coach, and mentor Citizen Developers developing in a cloud-based Pega 8.6+ environment to deliver case management solutions
- Provide guidance on best practices and ensure configuration meets guardrail requirements
- Create shared reusable frameworks and application workflow components within Pega
- Analyze current state business processes and partner with key stakeholders to identify future state opportunities as part of the overall product roadmap
- Collaborate with business users, citizen developers, product managers, end users, developers, and other stakeholders to suggest, analyze and design applications leveraging low-code software
- Integrate solutions with various data sources including microservices, events, and API's
- Develop proof of concepts to assess viability of new proposed features
- Support product owner with guidance on architecture and design across various JPMC systems and applications
- Research and propose new technologies as required to expand the product offering
- Analyze, design, develop, debug, test, document, deploy and provide application support using primary skills in Pega PRPC
- Extensive experience developing within Pega versions 8.0+ including app and dev studio
- Pega certification is a must (CSSA)
- Knowledge in Pega 8 features including architecture and class structure design
- Can independently drive calls/discussions with stakeholders
- Experience scoping, planning, and delivering projects using iterative software development lifecycles over multiple release cycles
- Good understanding of Relational Database management systems MS SQL, MySQL and with No-SQL DB systems
- Capable of technically guiding high performing agile teams
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to new initiatives or changing business requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, MIS, Statistics, Business or a related field
- Exposure to the latest versions of GitHub, bit bucket and/or Jira
- Minimum of 5 years of experience related to process automation, intelligent solutions, analytics, or PEGA software development
Good to have skills
- Prior background in banking or related field
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America's households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the "WELL Health-Safety Rating" for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm's current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm's vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans