ProMach is a family of best-in-class packaging solution brands serving manufacturers of all sizes and geographies in the food, beverage, pharmaceutical, personal care, and household and industrial goods industries. ProMach brands operate across the entire packaging spectrum: filling and capping, flexibles, pharma, product handling, labeling and coding, and end of line.
ProMach also provides Performance Services including integrated solutions, design/build, engineering services, and productivity software to optimize packaging line design and deliver maximum uptime.
Statco-DSI, a subsidiary of ProMach, has a longstanding reputation in the industries we serve. We offer an extensive portfolio of sanitary equipment, systems and services to provide start-to-finish support for your next project.
We're recognized as one of the largest process equipment distributors and systems integrators for the sanitary processing market in North America. With eleven sales and engineering offices strategically located throughout the United States, our nationwide network of more than 150 seasoned sanitary process professionals are in your backyard and ready to get to work.
We are currently seeking a stainless steel TIG welder / fabricator to work in our manufacturing center in Stockton, CA. The ideal candidate will have general machine shop knowledge, be able to read AutoCAD assembly drawings and able to use hand tools and fixtures for structural assemblies. Design and fabricate components of metal, accumulate them to form frames of machines, bridges and other metal forms by using their welding and engineering techniques. Ideal candidates will have strong hands-on expertise in all facets of the welding process, working with flame cutting equipment and hand welding techniques.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Joins, fabricates, and repairs metal and other weldable material by applying appropriate welding techniques.
- Interprets blueprints, specifications, diagrams or schematics to determine appropriate welding process.
- Inspects completed welds to determine structural soundness
- Grinding, Polishing, and other finishing to Fabricated Equipment and Parts
- Assembly of fabricated materials and equipment
- Additional duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills:
- 2+ years' experience operating as a commercial welder on stainless steel preferred
- Current and valid welding certification a plus but not required
- Experience working in manufacturing sites and with power tools
- Knowledge of welding best practices and safety procedures
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the welding field
- Must be able to follow instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
Statco-DSI offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, STD, LTD, Paid Time Off, and 401k with company match. #statc
- Technical/other training or better
- Technically Inclined
- TIG Welding
- Planning Skills
- MIG Welding
- Manufacturing Skills
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks